I have been collating a few useful links and resources for a colleague asking me about student engagement, I thought I would also share them here. For the benefit of any reader, I should point out that there is no simple or agreed upon definition of ‘student engagement’ and that, for example, the concept has different roots in the UK to the US, which has an impact on how ‘student engagement’ is understood and what practices are included within the term.
- The HEA Student Engagement Literature Review on student engagement by Vicki Trowler from 2010
- Understanding and Developing Student Engagement, (2014), edited by Colin Bryson
- The edited volume has contributors from a wide variety of roles in Higher Education all of whom are involved in the Researching, Advancing and Inspiring Student Engagement (RAISE) Network
- Framing student engagement in higher education, Ella Kahu, Studies in Higher Education, Vol. 38(5), 2013
- Healey, M. (2014) Students as Change Agents: A selected bibliography. Available at: www.mickhealey.co.uk/resources.
Higher Education Academy ‘students as partners’ work
Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) Student engagement
Examples and other resources
- The National Union of students’ engagement toolkit
- The Change Agent Network is a network of staff and students developed and funded by Jisc to support curriculum enhancement and innovation.
- Student engagement at Lincoln University
- Student engagement at Birmingham City University:
- The Student teaching and learning consultant scheme that ran at he University of Huddersfield
Posted by @kshjensen